« Home | » | My Email to Weekends@cnn.com » | It Hard Out Here For A Prophet! » | A moment of reflection » | Choosing to Cease the Cycle: ... » | Passing through the middle » | I Love Being In Love » | I didn't vote for this... » | Organized Religion » | Cory and I » 

Friday, April 25, 2008 

And I Am Planted From Darkness To Light


And I Am Planted From Dark to Light
By Courtney L. Clayton

I began my birthing planted deep down in the darkness of a rich black existence.
I do not understand fully how I came to be, for I was planted by the hands of the other tall trees around me.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.

My roots were planted long before the gift inside met the giftedness on the other side.
Surrounded by darkness and feeling suffocated, the rain poured down nearly drowning me in the darkness that nurtured me even when I knew not what it all meant.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay
Here is where I will grow

When I began to embrace the darkness is when the light found me.
The light found a way to shine through segments of the darkness and each time the light shined in the midst of darkness I was strengthened to grow.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.
Here is where I will grow
Here is where I will produce.

Amidst the darkness, the rain and the bits of light my feet became fixed in this rich blackness.
I began to grow…grow because the rain made me stronger, the light fed the greatness which resided within and the blackness allowed me to appreciate the light.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.
Here is where I will grow
Here is where I will produce.
Here is where I will emerge.

I was not certain if the darkness would drown me or if I would ever reach the fullness of light.
I fought for the light…I was afraid of it…the darkness become comfortable but if I could embrace the light consistently in my life I knew that what was on the inside would come out.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.
Here is where I will grow
Here is where I will produce.
Here is where I will emerge.
Here is where I will burst forth.

I moved closer and closer to the light and it was painful at first.
Like a child teething, what was good for me hurt in the midst while the rain kept pouring, my legs grew longer planting my feet deeper in the darkness.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.
Here is where I will grow
Here is where I will produce.
Here is where I will emerge.
Here is where I will envision.


What was on the inside began to break the surface and I began to see life anew.
While the darkness was beneath me, anchoring me in the rich black soil, it was the light that now surrounded me and called me forth.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.
Here is where I will grow
Here is where I will produce.
Here is where I will emerge.
Here is where I will envision.
Here is where I embraced.

As I looked around I was surrounded by the tall oaks of the forest floor.
Was I to become one of these? Was I called from the darkness to the light be a towering oak who would become an example the oaks comes from a tiny seed planted in darkness.
Yet, I was planted here.
Here is where I belong.
Here is where I will stay.
Here is where I will grow
Here is where I will produce.
Here is where I will emerge.
Here is where I will envision.
Here is where I embraced.
Here is where I overcame

And Here I am
And Here is where I was planted
And Here is where I belong
And here is where I will stay.
And here is where I will grow
And here is where I will produce
And here is hwere I will emerge
And here is where I will envision
And here is where I embraced
And here is where I overcame…fear!

I am planted in darkness, but called to the light.

And I AM here

© 2008

u write well. nice blog sister, hope u dont mind me dropping through and do chk me out one day if u can

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar