« Home | Choosing to Cease the Cycle: ... » | Passing through the middle » | I Love Being In Love » | I didn't vote for this... » | Organized Religion » | Cory and I » | Check out my Slide Show! » | A Letter To Camille » | I know...I know » | "In and Out of Time" By Maya Angelou (AKA This i... » 

Monday, October 15, 2007 

A moment of reflection




As I am in the very midst of my senior year at PTS so many things are happening. I am (yes its true) working 7 jobs, taking 15 credit hours, trying to apply for positions after graduating, preparing to move to NYC in May as a wife, planning a wedding and trying to have some self care. Yet, in the midst of it all I see God moving and I am grateful. And while on some days I swear I’m doing too much I do have peace with the business of my life and know that it is only preparing me to balance fulltime ministry, wife-ery (is that a word) and motherhood (while far off is still a hope for the future)

How faithful and wonderful is the God the we serve. I realize so much, as I reflect on the past several years, how God has been working so many things out for my good and for His glory. You know, in the midst of several different painful experiences over my life I have searched to see a glimmer of light in the midst of darkness. I have always known that God has been there but seeing some glimpse of His presence has not always been the case.

Yet, somehow we come to a place at certain moments in our lives where the things that have been said to us and about us have made us stronger. The people who have left us stranded on the side of the road have made room for new walking partners on the road of life. The moments of deep despair have given us a deeper sense of faith in God and more patience to wait and trust.

I am eternally grateful to the God I serve for not just loving me unconditionally but sending so many people in my life who love me just the same. Thank you to God for this gift.

I’m on my way somewhere…where I know not all the details…but I am excited to go in faith…in service to the God who loves me and has called me out…in relationship with life partner…and in friendship with one who has only lifted me up higher to the savior.

Love and peace,
CLC

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar