« Home | Organized Religion » | Cory and I » | Check out my Slide Show! » | A Letter To Camille » | I know...I know » | "In and Out of Time" By Maya Angelou (AKA This i... » | Video Presentation for Kingdom of God » | It's Just me... » | A Legacy Of... » | Churches...believe it or not » 

Monday, March 19, 2007 

I didn't vote for this...


I have been, for quite some time, increasingly irritated by how the media believes that whatever the Revs. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson say represents the Black community. I'm sorry but I don't remember voting for either of these two individuals to represent me on the television, radio or any other form of public opinion.
I respect the fact that these two gentlemen have a rich history within and among the black community during the civil rights movement. But I almost ask myself, how are they being effective today. It appears there wherever a camera turns up they come. But what about the single mother working 2 jobs to support her children. No camera comes to her home...so Al and Jesse don't come either. I am disturbed because I didn't vote for them.
In closing, we joke here at the seminary, but with some layers of truth...that if ever we find ourselves in a dilemma we would rather fend for ourselves then be represented by these two.
Can I get an amen?

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar