« Home | I Think...Part I » | Tavis and James » | Truth Be Told...I Was Wrong » | My Summer at Capital Health System » | Band-Aids » | First week of Field Ed. » | Thank You » | Gas Protest » | » | Seed of Wisdom! » 

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 

Field Ed. Chronicles 1.1


So I am doing my Field Education Experience an AME Church in Newark, NJ. It is a very dynamic ministry. There will be plenty of time for that. Anyway…they have started a second location. It has been a blessing to me for several reasons but I would like to share one in particular. I have been humbled. While I love the big name, great, preachers (if you will) who have these deep revelations and can explain their revelations of deep knowledge. However, since this location is focusing on teaching and preaching I have come to appreciate the value of simple messages where everything you need is right there, visibly on the page. We young preachers feel we need to strive to be deep but really God’s people just want a Word. In truth some of the big preaches have simple message but they package them with deep complex knowledge (or so it appears). There is value, especially for us new preachers, to work on giving a simple word, and giving it well. Thanks for the knowledge!

P.S. If you master preaching the simple messages then perhaps God can moved you to a deeper seat of revelation. But for now, I’ll work on just letting God work on my prophetic gift.


Pannasmontata calendar