« Home | Going Out of Business.. » | Ignorance you can do something about. » | Will the real Miss Spelman please stand up? » | Comedy in Prosperity » | For Heavens Sake » | Just to let you know... » | You Think You Know…But You Have No Idea » | LOVE .... This is cool » | Field Education Updates » | In the midst of mid-terms....SO » 

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 

Seed of Wisdom!



"It was clear that God always had the prerogative to do a new thing, even things not thought of before. To be Creator is to be free to act and to design. It is the freedom or free will of God with which the human spirit is indelibly marked. And if God's image is in all men and women, I believe that with this image comes the capacity to know God and to know God is calling each and every one to glorify him. And when men and women strive to be free, this desire is inspired by God. Such a longing let my black ancestors to sing, "Before I'll be a slave, I'll be buried in my grace, and go home to my Lord to be free."
~ Rev. Delores Carpenter, "The Journey I Have Known", in This is My Story: Testamonies & Sermons of Black Women In Ministry, edited by Cleophus J. LaRue

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar