« Home | Faithfullness @ Shaker Commuinty » | When The Honeymoon... » | New Pic. This is at the Cornell West & TD Jakes e... » | Sorry its late » | Well glory be to God » | A Moment of Intimacy » | All my books. LOrd have mercy. Where am I gonna ... » | My mom of course pull my room together with curtin... » | Here's my bed! I wanted Red to remind me of the bl... » | Wanna See my Room. Come right on in » 

Thursday, December 01, 2005 

Wow a whole month hugh...

I know I know it has surely been forever since my last entry.  I do apologize.  School has been awfully busy and I have had a few days this week to rest (if that is what you what you want to call it).  

Anyway, Lets see what has been going on since my last entry (which I just realized was like a month ago…I’ll do better…you’ll see)

Well we had mid-terms which were very challenging, but I did make it through.  God blessed each exam in His OWN way.  Thank you JC.  What they seem to do here is give you EVERYTHING covered in class and not covered in class and say that it will be on the 50 minutes mid-term exam.  Come on people.  I am not saying that they should tell us exactly what is on each exam but you spend soooooooooo much time studying things that never show up. Perhaps they will appear on the final exam.

Speaking of which:  I cannot believe I have only 11 days of classes left.  Although exams aren’t until January it has amazed me that my time here at Seminary has moved so fast.  I felt like it was just yesterday that my parents were here helping me to move in.  I must say, however, that I don’t know how I would have made it through this semester without my Ethics and Politics Class and My Spiritual Disciplines class.  Those two electives were definitely ordained by God because they don’t require as much work as the others.  Well, they do but the work is not evaluated by tests or papers.  My other courses are quite demanding and I don’t know how I would have managed with other courses with required tests or texts.  God Blesses in God’s own divine way.

I feel like I have had quite a bit of growth since I have been here.  I have NEVER taken school this seriously.  My time in High School (with the exception of Science & Math) required no efforts at all.   Of course when I got to Spelman I think I developed hustling schools as opposed to study skills.  But now I am at a point in my life when I desire to really learn the material and understand it.  Not to just work for a grade.  Which interestingly I think has worked in my favor.  I came here saying that grades would not be my focus but rather to do my best.  And that is exactly what I have done and God has blessed as a result.  I don’t like living my life bound by grades; life is more then that, God is more than that.  Its like a salary (since I’m not working) people who make a lot of money don’t always enjoy what they do, but if you love what you do then the money will come.

I went home for a VERY SHORT thanksgiving break.  I had a Hebrew test this past Monday so my break was not a break.  I did enjoy the time with my family and I preached on Friday.  This was quite an awesome experience for me because I think I definitely had a break through in my preaching.  What a blessing that is because I have been praying that God would begin to really refine this gift (which will take a lifetime) which He has placed inside; and God did and is doing just what I asked.  It was a very uplifting experience.  

We were at Shaker Community Church for their fruit of the spirit service.  I didn’t know until I arrived that the services contained all women each addressed a different fruit.  I was assigned faithfulness.  (My sermon is below)  God moved and I am so humbly grateful for God’s presence.

Well I should go, but I will do better next week with an entry.
Be Blessed and reach for the stars!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar