« Home | Well glory be to God » | A Moment of Intimacy » | All my books. LOrd have mercy. Where am I gonna ... » | My mom of course pull my room together with curtin... » | Here's my bed! I wanted Red to remind me of the bl... » | Wanna See my Room. Come right on in » | Its me! » | Here's Cory. Mentioned him last week too. Everyo... » | This is my friend Marcus. I mentioned him last week. » | This is my covenant group for my Spiritual Discipl... » 

Thursday, November 03, 2005 

Sorry its late

Ok, I know that it has been forever since my last blog entry, perhaps 2 weeks.  Things have been quite crazy here at Seminary.  I was blessed last week to have gone home for the weekend.  How busy it was.  So I do apologize if I was unable to see you or spend time with you.  The first visit home is always hectic.  

Additionally, I think that Thanksgiving will be no better because I am preaching on Friday night (Shaker Community Church) and driving back to PTS on Saturday.  I have to leave Saturday because my Hebrew professor thought it would be a wise idea to give us a major Hebrew test on the Monday after returning.  So I am certain that I will need to study late Saturday night and all day on Sunday to be prepared adequately for the test.  By the way, thanks to those of you who were kind enough to pray for my Hebrew Mid-term.  It was difficult and although I did not finish I did my best and I expect nothing less then that from myself.

When I returned to school it was our reading week.  This the week that PTS gives us to catch up on all of our reading since there is no way possible to do so.  But, I did really start working-working [;o)] until Thursday.  That was because I had a meeting Tuesday then went to NY on Tuesday night.  I did some studying on Wednesday but the TD Jakes and Cornell West even was Wednesday night.  How interesting that was.  For those of you who asked, I was unable to video tape the event but I am gonna try to post a transcription by January.  It is going to take some time.  

Well, school is moving along well.  I worked very hard at the beginning of the semester on all of my papers and was unable to really read like other students.  But now I am able to read and other students are consumed with papers.  One of my friends Richard, has 3 papers due this week.  Lord Bless him!   But everyone is working diligently.

And I remind myself everyday that my striving for academic excellence is in no way to bring glory to myself but to show the miraculous power of our God.  I struggle with my reading, I have difficulty paying attention in class, it takes me soooooooooo much longer to complete assignments then other students and yet, God blessed the works of my hands, my efforts.  Some people are here because they are smart whereas I thank God that my parents made me a hard worker.  I say all of this to those who are readying, work not for a pat on the back but to show the awesome power of our God; that in the midst of our imperfections, God can move in powerful ways.  That in the midst of our misunderstanding and chaos, God can brings understanding and order.  How wonderful it is to serve this God.  So wherever you are and whatever you are doing do it to show the glory and power of God is exemplified.  This morinig while praying with Chesla she read a proverb which basically stated being/staying humble brings wisdom.

But I digress.  

I must say that I have really been enjoying my experience at Seminary thus far.  It is difficult and it is trying but I am so glad that God has brought me to this place.  And what I think is the most interesting part is that I didn’t want to come to PTS, but it was definitely God ordained.  

The relationships that I am building are phenomenal.  Cory and Marcus are very focused on wresting with the theological issues of God (like Jacob) and striving to do their best in their academic pursuit.  I am grateful that God has surrounded me with 2 men who are hard workers and take their academics serious.  They refine me and sharpen me like iron.  

Well, I must go.     But let me say in closing.

Whoever you are reading this, you can make it, you can do it.  God never gives you more then you can handle.   You have a destiny and purpose in God, but you must know God to attain that purpose.  I cannot ensure salvation, for salvation requires a depthful examination of you heart, but what I do know is that if you are in PERSONAL relationship with Jesus Christ—Relationship like you are with your best friend—this God will NEVER turn you away.  NEVER leave you.  NEVER forsake you.  Draw close to God and God will draw close to you.  And in doing so, you will NEVER be the same.  

I love you, whoever you are, I do love you with the love of Christ.

Amen!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar