« Home | Settled In... » | Starting to open up... » | Preaching at OIBC » | Preaching at Olivet Institutional Baptist Church. ... » | Amazing. Every time I look at this picture I feel... » | Isn't that beautiful » | I took this picture outside of the Hadley's home. ... » | My Three SIMs (Sisters In Ministry) Quinnise, Che... » | My Hair Isn't it long. I've come so far in this y... » | On Vacation » 

Thursday, September 15, 2005 

First Day of Classes

Well, today was my first day of classes.  

However, we began the academic year right; by starting with worship!  Today, a worship service was held on the campus where we were all served communion.  I was very moved (even to tears) by the sharing of sacraments because Christ offered himself as a living sacrifice for me and you.  Then I was reminded that the reason I have come to this place, PTS, is to do as Romans 12:1 says, “to offer MY body as a living sacrifice.”

It is evident to me that I am not here by accident but by appointment.  I believe that God has brought me here, to this place, “for such a time as this.”

After worship this morning I ventured to my first class, Intro to Old Testament.  WOW.  All of the M.Div students are in this class, 160 to be exact.  So the class is very large and we have two professors.  They professors lecture 2 times each week and then we hold small work groups called precepts.  I think will work well for me.  

In honesty thought, I have been very overwhelmed by all that has taken place in my life for the past 8 days.  With moving to NJ, settling into PTS, Orientation, and starting classes.  It hit me Sunday, while sitting during a worship service on the New Student Retreat.  

“Oh my GOD, I’m in Seminary.”

The interesting part is that never in all of my life, had I ever planned to be sitting in Seminary (of all places).  At one point in my life I had plans of the things I wanted to do.  And then God came and captured my heart and I have been moved in my inner place to desire the will of God.  Although I am overwhelmed, I do feel that my spirit is at peace.  For me, this serves as a sign that I am in the will of God.  I love it here.

Well as you can see its awfully late, and although I desire to write more, my eyes can barely stay open.  So I will probably write sooner then later.  

Tell then, achieve your dreams…

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar