« Home | Starting to open up... » | Preaching at OIBC » | Preaching at Olivet Institutional Baptist Church. ... » | Amazing. Every time I look at this picture I feel... » | Isn't that beautiful » | I took this picture outside of the Hadley's home. ... » | My Three SIMs (Sisters In Ministry) Quinnise, Che... » | My Hair Isn't it long. I've come so far in this y... » | On Vacation » | Welcome! » 

Saturday, September 10, 2005 

Settled In...

Hey everyone:
Forgive me for not writing anything in so long.  When it was time to leave things were quite hectic.  I was packing, shipping, and moving.  But as usual, God brought me through.  This is the first time I have had access to a computer in quite some time.  My laptop should be here on Monday, so prayerfully we can make this a regular.  

Anyway, so I have settled in and I am quite excited.  The campus is absolutely amazing.  I love the area and I am trying to get used to the “weird” way that New Jersey does things.  For instance, you can’t pump your own gas and they have these “jug handle” roads.  So basically, you never make a left turn in Jersey.  It will take some getting used to.  
Last night we had dinner with president.  He is quite stereotypical of what you would expect of a “Princeton” president.  He is from Scotland and doesn’t talk very loud and used big words.  You know me, I had jokes but since I don’t know anyone yet I had to keep them to myself (I am my fathers child).  Today was the beginning of real orientation.  They laid down the law.  They are quite strict here (but rightly-fully so).  They were explaining that our behavior both on and off of the campus could effect our future here.  They are very big on ethics.  Plus, they told some stories I just couldn’t believe.

I was blessed to sit next to a Morehouse student.  That was a blessing!  There are only 20 African American students in the Masters of Divinity (M.Div) program.  I don’t think I have seen 20.  I think of that 20 only 5 or so are women.  So, I must say this IS the wilderness.  I hope that there will be friendship and blessings among the women and not fighting.  I guess having come from Spelman I am looking for sisterhood.  I pray I find it.  

I just finished decided on my classes.  I will be taking the following…
1.  Intro to Old Testament  
2.  Intro to Christian History
3.  Intro to Hebrew (PRAY FOR ME YALL)
4.  Intro to Speech in Ministry
5.  Ethics and Politics in the Black Community
6.  Spiritual Disciples for Church Leaders.  
I have decided that any courses with Black in the title I MUST take because I need that experience.  So pray this will work out.  My best days will be Wednesday.  I will only have 1 class but Thursdays will be my busy days.  

Well I must go, but I will post pictures real soon.  Love you and BE BLESSED!

About me

  • I'm Rev. Courtney Clayton Jenkins
  • From Cleveland Heights, OH, United States
  • I am a young woman in pursuit of her God given destiny. It is an interesting road to travel. I don't have it all together and a lot to learn. Step by step and day by day I keep pushing on. These are my thoughts about life, love, the Word and the world.
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Pannasmontata calendar